Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dining Room

This is the room we spend most of our time in. It has lots of great windows making it so bright and cheerful. We eat, work and play in here. I found the dining table with 6 chairs at Salvation Army for $80! The table has a veneer on it which makes the top unattractive, but the amount of paint and food stains I have wiped off easily has made me forgive it for that. My desk is also in this room, found on eBay. It's compact and cute and perfect! The banyan tree tile set is made by our friend Josh Johnson who makes craftsman tile. The boy and girl print is my very first purchase off etsy, from the Black Apple shop. Ever since I saw Lisa Congdon's plate wall, I wanted one too! I started to collect plates, but as I went along I realised how difficult it was to find a cohesive set (= even more admiration for Lisa's wall). So I decided to make mine myself, and I think the result is more of what I wanted.












No comments:

Post a Comment